Benefits of Green Building Underwriting
- Trying to get green building financing?
- Do you need to sell the value of your green building project?
- Would you like to measure the worth of green buildings and portfolios?
For Commercial Real Estate:
The Commercial Real Estate National Consensus Green Building Underwriting Standards©
provide a quantitative score showing increased cash flow and reduced expenses. This relates directly to net operating income, the industry measure of a building's investment value. View table of contents
For Residential Real Estate:
The Residential Green Building Underwriting Standards©
provide a quantitative score showing reduced expenses and increased value. View table of contents
Background on the Standards:
The Standards were launched by JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo Wachovia and unanimously approved on September 2, 2008 in the Capital Markets Partnership's American National Standards Institute's Accredited Consensus Process.
For the capital markets and the building industry, "Consensus Standards" have the highest value and are a prerequisite for use and adoption because they substantially reduce risk and uncertainty, and have regulated the industry since 1898.
These Underwriting Standards, as adopted by leading investment banks and global building management and investment firms:
- Document: higher valued collateral and reduced risk for lending and investors
- Provide: increased investor confidence
- Stimulate: green building financing by providing the basis for cheaper cost of capital & higher bond ratings
- Cover: LEED, ENERGY STAR, and certified Climate Neutral Certified Buildings with 5 categories of attributes to score value
- Rank: The most valuable green building attributes